Labeling your bottles
New 2019 Labeling Guidelines:
1) No Personalized Labels – In order to keep the identity of each participant anonymous, we no longer allow personalized labels or any content that can identify the participant.
2) Unique ID for Each Round – Participants will be assigned a different SJPC ID# for each round. This will further prevent individuals from identifying participants beers.
3) Required SJPC Label – The Sjporr Challenge has now moved to a standardized label. You may download one of the provided templates or used the format below. Be certain to use the correct SJPC ID# for each round. Incorrectly labeling your bottles may lead to disqualification.
- SJPC ID# for that Round: You will be provided with a Round 1 SJPC ID# after you register. A new SJPC ID# will be provided to those who advance to the next round.
- ROUND #: Round 1, Round 2 or Round 3 should be easy to read in bold print.
- Beer Style: List the style of beer. Do not elaborate, simply list a style such as IPA, Double IPA, Imperial IPA, Porter, Stout, Saison, Belgian Strong, etc.
- ABV: Please list the ABV in whole numbers only! For example: If your beer is 6.5%, list it as 7% ABV. If it is 6.4%, list it as 6% ABV. This helps with the anonymity of beers being judged.
Prohibited from label (information that would disqualify your beer)
- YOUR NAME: Your name or anything that identifies you to other participants
- DESCRIPTION / INGREDIENTS: Do not describe you beer or list ingredients
- BRANDING: Your personal or professional brewery name or a business reference
- LOCATION: Anything that would identify your country of residence or Hub
- YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Any reference to your YouTube channel
- WEBSITE: Any reference to a personal or professional website
- OTHER: Anything in the artwork, print or designed that may identify you to other participants